Make use of what’s local and in season with this fresh and crunchy bowl full of GREEN!
⁃1 1/2 cups quinoa
⁃2 cups water
⁃1 bunch asparagus
⁃1 bunch radishes
⁃1 bunch scallions (1/2 sliced; 1/2 for pesto)
⁃1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
⁃1 cup basil
⁃1 cup arugula
⁃1/2 cup parsley
⁃2-3 cloves garlic
⁃1/2 cup raw pumpkin seed
⁃1/4 cup raw almonds
⁃1/2 bunch scallions
⁃2-3 tbsp water
⁃2-4 tbsp EVOO
⁃salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and blend. Set aside
2. Bring quinoa and water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until fluffy.
3. Steam radishes and asparagus (can use the steam from the quinoa!) for 4-5 minutes. Place in ice bath.
4. Chop raw almonds, set aside.
5. Place spinach in a bowl, top with quinoa, radishes, asparagus, pesto, and chopped almonds. For added protein add a hard boiled egg or chicken.
Recipe by Jenie Liberatore, Holistic Health Coach, MS Nutrition