No bun? No prob! We’re celebrating national veggie burger day by sharing our favorite veggie burger recipe. This baby is vegan, plant based, and gluten free ? so feel free to have seconds ?.
– 2 sweet potatoes, roasted and cooled
– 1 bunch scallions, sliced
– 1 cup gf breadcrumbs
– 1 cup quinoa, cooked
– 2 tbsp chipotle mayo (vegan)
– 1 tbsp ketchup
– 1 tbsp lime juice
– 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed, 2 tbsp water, use when firm)
– Spices (we used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and a little curry – but whatever you have is fine!)
– preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
– Make any size patty you want!
– Place on a baking sheet and cool for 5-10 minutes until lightly brown
Recipe by Jenie Liberatore, Holistic Health Coach, MS Nutrition