Mushrooms were the original superfood used cross-culturally for thousands of years. They contain Micro-nutrients (Zinc, Selenium), D3, Enzymes, Antioxidants, Polysaccharides (Beta-Glucans) and Prebiotics.
They also contain specialized compounds that activate Killer Cells to attack foreign invaders in our body.
By balancing, not strengthening our immune response mushrooms create homeostasis.
Paul Stamets, the owner of “Fungi Perfecti” (Host Defense Mushrooms) is on a mission to wipe out Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) in honeybees using Mycelium (An underground threadlike structure from which the Fruiting Body arrises) from various mushrooms.
Here are just a few of the most popular Medicinal Mushrooms and their properties:
REISHI “THE MUSHROOM OF IMMORTALITY”
1) ADAPTOGENIC: Gentle balancing of immune response (over or under) and adrenals
2) ANTIOXIDANT during exertion
3) CARDIOVASCULAR: benefits: Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Triglycerides
4) LIVER & NEUROLOGICAL Protective
5) FATTY ACID METABOLISM Support
2) ANTI FATIGUE: Good for adrenal exhaustion
3) ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE: Helps reduce lactic acid buildup in muscles
4) LUNG HEALTH: Dialates bronchial tubes resulting in increased diffusion of oxygen in the lungs
5) LIBIDO enhancer
1) ANTI-INFLAMMATORY for the lungs, especially during exertion
2) REDUCES OXIDATION in the intestinal tract
3) MUCOUS: Balances the secretion in lungs and intestines
4) CORTISOL: Down regulates
5) TESTOSTERONE: Aids in its production
1) PREBIOTIC: Enhances both Lacto & Bifido bacteria for the small and large intestine, respectively
2) IMMUNE SYSTEM: Recognized as such by the NIH (National Institute of Health)
3) ANTITUMOR: May help to inhibit hormone-fueled tumors
4) LIVER PROTECTANT by aiding in phase 1 & 2 Detoxification
5) ANTI MICROBIAL: Suppresses Staphylococcus bacteria and some viruses such as oral HPV
1) BRAIN FUEL: Excellent for cognitive function.
2) SHORT TERM MEMORY: May increase short-term memory in Alzheimer’s patients
3) NERVES: Helpful for both Central & Peripheral (Hands and Feet) Nervous System
4) MOOD: Helps balance to decrease Anxiety & Depression
5) HGH: Triggers the body’s production of Human Growth Factor
1) BLOOD SUGAR: Lowers blood sugars within the normal range. (*Consult your Health Care Practitioner if on injectable insulin)
2) SUGAR DIGESTION & ABSORPTION: Balances
3) STARCH BLOCKING Capabilities
4) ANTI-INFLAMMATORY properties via 1,3-Beta-D-Glucans. (Both Mycelium and Fruiting Bodies)
5) TUMORS: “Maitake Beta-Glucans may increase tumor necrosis factors” (Fullerton et. al.)