At a loss for what to do with all those tomatoes? Try this grown up grilled cheese recipe! Whip up a quick tomato jam (we used heirloom ?) for an adult twist on grilled cheese! Enjoy with a fresh green salad and this is a quick and healthy meal that won’t disappoint.
– 1 1/2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cored and chopped
– 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
– 1 tbsp ginger, grated
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– Mix all ingredients together in a heavy bottom pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for 60-90 minutes until it has the jam consistency.
– spread butter on both sides of sourdough bread
– Add cheese (we used sharp cheddar, mozzarella, and pepper jack)
– Add tomato jam to middle
– Cook in a skilled over medium head until golden brown
Recipe by Jenie Liberatore, Holistic Health Coach, MS Nutrition